Monday, August 18, 2008

EDM #6- Childhood Toy

I have a very "now" kind of memory. My childhood is for the most part a mystery to me, but I remember vividly buying this stuffed frog from the drug store in Twentynine Palms while visiting my grandfather "Pappy". I remember seeing it on a high shelf and getting it down and cuddling it. I have kept it for probably 50 years. It has survived countless moves and a dog who used it as a pillow. I did this drawing 3 times before getting the expression right and although it is dirty and sort of droopy I still love it.

2 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

This is a very lovable frog!

Stephanie said...

how sweet-I love the expresion and what a great memory!

I don't have any toys from childhood but I do have an old painted tin bell that I got from my second grade teacher Mrs. Stanfield. It goes on my christmas tree every year no matter what the Theme of the tree is.