Monday, July 14, 2008

Finally EDM #1

I have finally got this blog up and running. I plan on using this to show my progress at re-learning to draw as well as showing some of the other art I am pursuing. I got a Master's in Art a long time ago and then went into photography and then into hi-tech and Photoshop; eventually ending up teaching at Clark College here in Vancouver, WA.

My passions are typography, graffiti, lowbrow art and gaming. I realized that in order to do the work I wanted to do in my t-shirts and other artwork I needed to get my chops back. When I discovered the wonderful people at the Everyday Matters forum, I knew they would provide the sort of kick in the rear I need. So I am starting at challenge #1 and working my way through.

14 comments:

Spinneretta said...

Great start! EDM is a good place to be to re-ignite your passion for art ;)

Anonymous said...

A great start to your blog. Now you can do a bit of everything - like me.

Anonymous said...

Good shoe! Welcome to blogging land!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to EDM. Great start - please keep sharing.

MaryO said...

Welcome to the world of blogs. Great drawing to start it off!

Stephanie said...

Yeah! another person in Vancouver!! You are off and running! :) love the shoe. :) Love your banner, I really need to get something a bit less generic up on my banner soon! Hope to see lots of your work in your blog.

Kathleen said...

nice blog welcome to EDM -great title

BARBARA WEEKS said...

Welcome! Nice shoe. I look forward to your next post.

Gillian Mowbray said...

You've made a wonderful start to your EDM challenges and your blog. I've just started on EDM too but haven't the courage to go back to no1! Have fun. x

kazumiwannabe said...

Nice drawing! Welcome to EDM!

Deb said...

Welcome to EDM and blogging. Great start on both!

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

great show...welcome to edm

Lynn said...

Welcome to the EDM group! Your shoe drawing is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new blog! The challenges are fun -- although I say that knowing that I only do them once in a while. But blogging is funner and I do that almost every day. Welcome to bloggerworld!