Tuesday, July 15, 2008

First shirt drawing



This is the first drawing of my own making that I have used on my shirts at Urban Signz in Cafe Press. It was a pencil drawing that I made starker in Illustrator. I think it is appropriately grungy for the piece. Feels like a milestone to me. As much as I love fonts, it is a kick to see something you drew on a shirt.

Haven't quite gotten to an EDM challenge yet today and soon I will be off to the acupuncturist which usually wipes me out. It is hard getting old, everything hurts and I gave myself tennis elbow playing Guitar Hero (my bad). Since I need that arm to make a living I have cut down on gaming which gives me more time for art I guess.

I want to thank everyone over at EDM who gave me such a warm welcome yesterday. The group makes me want to improve and do more every day.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

too cool! love the design. Way to go getting the cafe press up and running too! Sorry about the gamers elbow. sometimes our body's just need more time to get used to stuff. Hope it's better soon. cheers

Deborah said...

Great graphic design. Welcome to EDM lots of support and great work here.

Unknown said...

Welcome to EDM...great design! I love Annie's shoe also..put down the guitar hero :)

kazumiwannabe said...

This is fun and the drawing is great! (I think I'm a bad person because the guitar hero elbow made me laugh... I'm with Pamyla, put it down!)